Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. John 5:24

Thursday, July 29, 2010

$5.28 at Bottom Dollar for 12 blocks Kraft cheese, 2 chocolate eclair pies

I got a really great deal on cheese at Bottom Dollar - with no coupons! Bottom Dollar has Kraft cheese advertised buy one get one free. We were all out of cheese, so Glen and I stopped to get cheese on our way home this evening. I purchased six kraft block cheese, 8 oz. The shelf price is $2.38, and the sign says buy one get one free. (If you do not have a bottom dollar card, you will need to get one to do this deal.) I paid my 7.14 for the cheese plus fifty cents for a single serving size pie -- the cashiers were all begging us to buy the pie because the stores are having a competition to see who can sell the most pies this week.

After I paid for the cheese, the coupon machine beside the register printed out a coupon that says, "save $5 on your next shopping order. Thank you from Kraft!"

So, I went back and got 6 more 8 oz. blocks of cheese - and another chocolate eclair pie! I used my $5 off coupon to purchase the second group of six cheese blocks, so I just paid $2.14 for the six blocks of cheese. This works out to $.36 for each block of cheese!!

I have been reading about a coupon from Kraft that prints for purchasing 5 Kraft items, but the closest stores I heard about having it are Harris Teeter, Kroger and Safeway. If this is the same "deal," then you will need to buy at least 5 to the the $5 coupon to print.


purchased Thursday, July 29

$ 2.38 8 oz. block Kraft sharp cheddar
$ free 8 oz. block Kraft sharp cheddar, store sale, buy one get one free
$ 2.38 8 oz. block Kraft sharp cheddar
$ free 8 oz. block Kraft extra sharp cheddar
$2.38 8 oz. block Kraft extra sharp cheddar
$ free 8 oz. block Kraft extra sharp cheddar
$ .50 chocolate eclair pie
------
$ 7.64

- 5.00 received back a coupon for "$5 off your next order", Kraft
------
$2.64

Then I repeated this same transaction again, except that I paid $5 coupon from Kraft, $2.64 cash. And I have another $5 off coupon!

total spent $5.28 for 12 blocks cheese, 2 chocolate eclair pies

I do not have any way of knowing how long these $5 coupons will keep on printing, but I am planning to buy some more cheese tomorrow!

No comments: