Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. John 5:24

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Personal Goal -- A Cost Free July

I started keeping tabs of my purchases again at the beginning of July. I carefully documented everything I purchased, as well as the cost, value of manufacturer & store coupons redeemed, instant store rebates (like Extra Care Bucks from CVS, Register Rewards from Walgreens & the new Up Rewards from Rite Aid,) and mail in rebates (including rebates from manufacturers and Single Check Rebates from Rite Aid.)

During the school year I serve as a substitute school teacher in a local high school. So, when summer began I had more time to spend on getting the best coupon deals.

About the middle of July, I realized how low my expenses would end up being after I received all rebates. So I have challenged myself to having a cost free July. This is my personal challenge to my self. My goal is simple -- to earn back as much as or more than I spend in the month of July on all groceries & drug store purchases.

No comments: