Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. John 5:24

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

free soap at Walmart on clearance with coupons

purchased at Walmart Tuesday March 13, 2012

$ 1.28  Orzo pasta
$ 2.98  Sugar in the Raw from Maui
---------
$ 3.26

While I was at Walmart, I found Irish Spring soap 2 bar packages on clearance for $0.94.
 
shopping trip 2

$ 0.94  Irish Spring soap
$ 0.94  Irish Spring soap
$ 0.94  Irish Spring soap
$ 0.94  Irish Spring soap
---------
$ 3.88  plus sales tax
- 1.00  manufacturer coupon $1 off Irish Spring, CVS coupon 
- 1.00  manufacturer coupon $1 off Irish Spring, CVS coupon
- 1.00  manufacturer coupon $1 off Irish Spring, CVS coupon
- 1.00  manufacturer coupon $1 off Irish Spring, CVS coupon
---------
- 0.24

shopping trip3

$ 0.94  Irish Spring soap
---------
$ 0.94  plus sales tax
- 1.00
---------
- 0.06



Irish Spring is a family favorite brand.

Irish Spring coupons in CVS coupon folder, available at the Falmouth location in the front of the store by the registers.  Also available in the CVS Reinventing Beauty magazine.

After tax, I got five cents back from shopping trip 2, and one cent back from shopping trip 3.  This took various overrides, and about ten minutes.  In my hurry, I didn't realize that the coupons would cover the cost of the soap, the sales tax, and still give me cash back.  In general, I have found that is is usually simpler to always end up owing money.

Walmart's coupon policy states, If coupon value exceeds the price of the item, the excess may be given to the customer as cash or applied toward the basket purchase.

No comments: