Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. John 5:24

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

savings at CVS

purchased Tuesday November 15, 2011 at CVS

Hubby brought me a receipt a while back with $5 extra care bucks printed at the bottom from previous Covergirl transactions posted here.  The $5 extra care buck was expiring today, so I went to CVS.

I bought a gallon of milk and a small Gilette Fusion shave gel.  I got back $1.52 more in extra care bucks than I paid.


$ 2.37  Gilette Fusion shave gel
$ 4.09  gallon 2% milk
---------
$ 6.48
- 1.00  manufacturer coupon Gilette 10/30/2011 Proctor and Gamble coupon insert
- 5.00  CVS extra care bucks from Covergirl purchases earlier this month
---------
$ 0.48 
- 2.00  received $2 extra care buck, Gilette
---------
- 1.52

For my own accounting purposes, I usually include CVS extra care bucks as part of my payment, not as a coupon.  Then when I get extra care bucks back, I deduct that from the amount that I paid.  The $5 extra care bucks I used in this transaction is an exception, because when it did not print at the time I made the Covergirl purchases, and I did not deduct it from the total I paid then.

No comments: