Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. John 5:24

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Shopping Wrap Up November 4 - November 10, 2011

This week I brought home
3 Hallmark cards, 2 Edge shaving gel, 2 packages razors and 10 Maybelline lip care products
2 pairs of reading glasses
 8 Kettle chips and 8 Fleischmanns bread mix
1 gallon milk, 5 Pillsbury bread flour, 5 Pillsbury cake mix, four V8 juice, Welch's sparkling grape juice, a frozen turkey and 3 ham slices, and
a large box of Honey Nut Cheerios, 10 Pillsbury brownie mixes, 5 Progresso soup, four V8 juice, Welch's sparkling grape juice, three ham slices and a frozen turkey

I am out of pocket about $80 for my purchases at Giant, but I will save  most of that with my next gasoline purchase, and the rest with my gasoline purchase after that.  We are able to earn "gas points" when we buy particular grocery items, and save money at the gasoline pump later.  Each time I earn 2,200 "gas points," I can save $2.20 per gallon of gasoline on a 35 gallon purchase.

When all is said and done I - after I realize all my savings from extra care bucks at CVS, up rewards from Rite Aid and gas points at Giant, I will have $1.31 more than I paid.  Total retail value $310.78.

At CVS

I will end up getting back $5.53 more - in a gift card and extra care bucks - than I spent at CVS on 3 Hallmark cards, 2 Edge shaving gel, 2 packages razors and 10 Maybelline lip care products. You may review my transactions here." Retail value $68.83.

At Rite Aid

I brought home 2 pairs of reading glasses for free after up rewards.  I spent $10 cash and left with 2 pairs of reading glasses and a $10 up reward that I can spend at Rite Aid.  You may review my "coupon math" here".  Retail value $24.98

At Harris Teeter

I paid sales tax only for 8 Kettle chips and 8 Fleischmanns bread mix last week at Harris Teeter in Charlotte.  Here's the deal."  Retail value $49.44


At Giant

After sale prices at Giant, instant savings, coupon savings and savings at the gasoline pump, my final cost for 1 gallon milk, 5 Pillsbury bread flour, 5 Pillsbury cake mix, four V8 juice, Welch's sparkling grape juice, a frozen turkey and 3 ham slices was $3.34.  I am out of pocket $41.84, but I will save $38.50 at the gasoline pump.  Total retail value $82.78..

In another transaction I purchased a large box of Honey Nut Cheerios, 10 Pillsbury brownie mixes, 5 Progresso soup, four V8 juice, Welch's sparkling grape juice, three ham slices and a frozen turkey.  I am out of pocket $39.38, but I will save $38.50 on my next gasoline purchase.  After gasoline savings, sale prices, instant savings and coupon savings, I will end up paying $0.88.  Total retail value $84.75.

 You may review my transactions here.  Retail value $167.53- final cost $4.22 for both transactions at Giant.

No comments: